Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday, Jan. 5th

Good Afternoon,
I survived and am alive. 100% free of illness... not so much. The first step in the door to an elementary school never fails to alert the germs that I am in the building and defenseless to their battles. Germs..., you win. Anyways, minus the fact that I was/and still am not feeling 100% up to par, the day was great. I really enjoyed my teacher and I have a feeling I will learn a lot from her as she will learn a lot from me. I was pretty much her shadow today and followed her around everywhere, got to know names of people in the building, and we went downstairs to claim a desk for me! Although it is no Steelcase...it will do. It's more like a Charlie Brown but, hey, it comes with the experience and will help get the job done. I'll get a Steelcase desk and Leap chair soon enough when I have an official job...right, Dad? So, tomorrow will be a day to set up my desk and be more organized. Before I headed out for the day, I read to the students out loud for a solid 30 minutes and I felt it was the beginning of rapport with them. As I was packing up and putting on my jacket, a student came up to me and said "When will you be back?" and that made my day. More good days and things to come.

Quote of the day from my teacher: "I am not impressed by the first one done but by the one that is done correct".

Have a good evening,
Ms. Emert




No comments:

Post a Comment