Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday, January 14th, 2011

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!! I am just a little bit excited about this fact, and the fact that I have a 3-day weekend... thanks to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and his fight with love to bring about fairness and peace in this nation. Today was great, but the first day I can honestly admit: I am exhausted. But none the less, I made it to the gym right after school and am now winding down. The day went smoothly and I was able to teach the students about M.L.K. and his importance, and the purpose of MLK Day: to celebrate his birthday (1/15) and his heroism. I made a fun game of Jeopardy and spoiled them with cookies! The cookies were fresh from this morning at 7am! I am a mega-multi-tasker if you did not know. And, I think I might have made the best batch of "Chocscotchy" Cookies. I will not share my recipes in case one fine day I open a bakery of my own, and then you may come have one! But I did make 4 dozen in about 55 minutes believe it or not. They were delicious! Anyways, the day continued, I gave them their spelling tests, graded lots of papers, and got fresh air at outdoor recess. All in all a great way to end the week. I am looking forward to next week, bring on Tuesday!

Have a great weekend and enjoy M.L.K.Day Monday!

-Ms. Emert

No comments:

Post a Comment