Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hello, I have finally sat down for the day/evening. It has been a long one but I am still going. Today went really well and I was able to lead the class in lots of subjects. Reading was by far the most crucial and practicing some social studies concepts was next in line. The students had their annual Geography Bee today and it was really fun and exciting to watch (and secretly guess the answers in my head). Man, they were tough questions. But I feel I was pretty familiar with a lot of the landmarks nationally and worldwide. It was impressive at how much I knew just through reading News headings, watching movies, and traveling and being observant while doing so. I wish they would hold a teacher Geography Bee. I bet I would be a strong candidate.
I am thrilled that tomorrow is Friday and the beginning of a 3 day weekend! It will be nice to sleep in and not be on an 8-5 schedule. I do plan to begin my 7-10 day Unit lesson plans so I won't be stressed out during the week. I am proud to say that I feel K-State's College of Education has prepared me well for Student Teaching... way to go!
Sounds like my mom, Kimberly, will be making a visit on Sunday here in Manhattan. A little shopping, movie, and dinner action I am assuming is what will happen. That all sounds like a good plan to me!
Alright, hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and weekend. Be active and eat healthy, and count your blessings every day!

Something interesting I learned today when going over the concept of abbreviations:
Mrs. is the abbreviation for Missis/Missus (interchangeable spelling...)
^Never thought about what Mrs. stood for. Now, I know.^

Here is my quote for the day:
"Special Education should function as an avenue for students to learn their strenghts, how to use them, and then get back into the general education population" -Derek Getschow.
I think many educators loose track on what the purpose is of Special Education and this statement, I believe, sums it up.

Goodnight!
Ms. Emert

No comments:

Post a Comment