Happy Icey Monday!
Wondering why I am not at school teaching my kiddos? Well, today, due to inclement weather, school was canceled. This was no shock to me because driving to the gym this morning at 5:20am was a very dangerous decision. Fish-tailing like nobody business and having to stop 100 yd before the stop sign to quit skidding was a red flag. So, needless to say, when I got the "No School" text I was not surprised. Therefore, I have decided to use this wonderful day as a lesson planning day! (Since I did none of that this past weekend...) As for the plans for tomorrow, who knows of what's to come...especially since there is a chance for some accumulation of snow.
This morning I have done lots of review and analysis on my Science lessons and assessment from last week. I definitely found some areas of weakness within the preparation for the assessment. They say for the retention of memory, a person has to hear/see the text/content 7 times. My students did not retain the information, probably because of this stated fact.... For the future I will plan to go over information at least 7 times and see if that makes a difference during assessment. It was hard to take in that only 65% met my expectations of the assessment but this has allowed me to reevaluate and better prepare for next time! There is always room for improvement and this is a learning experience.On a better note, my students did express to me that they did enjoy the assessment because of the usage of technology and being able to type their answers instead of write. (Their typing abilities were revealed to me as well....)
Let the lesson planing for this week begin!
-Ms. Emert
No comments:
Post a Comment