Good Afternoon,
No snow day today for us, however a "brother/sister" school district totally did get one! No fair! But, it was a better day for sure! The students had some official testing in the morning which took them to lunch to finish and then the day was young. There was a cool guest speaker who verbally told children literature stories. Not all of them made sense and it did have a lot of the students confused, but she was entertaining to say the least. I gave my science assessments and was happy with the outcome. Then, I lead the students into their Valentine's project. For their Valentine's bag decor, they are writing Haiku's on a paper bag then decorating with festive markers and crafts! The students at first were not very excited about the Haiku poem but once they were able to begin creating their Haiku, they were really excited and engaged. I will post some of the bags once I take pictures of them. Very creative! A Haiku is kind of poem from Japanese origin. The poem focuses on syllables. There are a total of 17 syllables in the poem. Line 1 has 5, line 2 has 7, and line 3 has 5. No line can be the same/repeated. Many time Haiku's are written on the topics of weather or season. In our case, it's Valentine's Day/February. I cannot wait to see all the finished projects in the days to come.
Tomorrow I will be formally observed while beginning a new unit on Electricity. It is a refresher unit for the students because they did learn about circuits in the previous grade. However, on the state assessments there will supposedly be some questions relating to this topic. I can only hope for a great start to the unit! There will be lots of hands-on learning and exploring! Wish me luck!
Oh yes, I also have to come up with a game idea for Valentine's...? Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions! Please let me know. Thanks
Have a great rest of the week!
-Ms. Emert
No comments:
Post a Comment