Finally home after a 12 hour day... one more 12 hour day to tackle until the weekend. Tomorrow, with a high of 72 degrees, I will be in parent-teacher conferences for a full12 hours! I am told it goes by quickly, I believe this because tonight's, 4 hour block, went by extremely quickly. I learned a lot as a prospective teacher, parent, and in general, as a person as to how important it is to challenge students to their greatest ability and to be aware of what is happening within their educational path. As a teacher, I learned that preparation for conferences is crucial and makes them less stressful and backs up any concern by the parent. I learned as a prospective parent (extremely far off in the future, HA!) that being aware of what your student is doing in school is so important. Also, that homework is being completed and turned in. A good idea is to have a system at home that the student has to follow. That gives structure and responsibility at a young age! I learned that in general being able to communicate clearly, have empathy towards others, and being positive will get you far in life.
Ready to take on tomorrow!
Have a good night,
Ms. Emert
No comments:
Post a Comment