Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Goooood (Finally) Evening!

Unit plans, check! Unit completion...... not so much. But, HEY we did beat KU last night... Woooooo! I think the Ville was the most alive its been on Monday night in a LONG time! Unfortunately, but responsibly, I did not part take... thought about it.... but didn't.
Today was so great because they students were able to have recess outside for some extra time and I played a pretty competitive game of Four Square... needless to say, they were impressed. It might just become my new hobby....but, I am also thinking I am going to have to show my soccer skills sometime soon. Show the students what I'm made of....right... haha?
For my next subject area to teach, I'll be working with the other grade teacher too! He teaches math, where as my teacher, teaches reading. The students swap classrooms. It's a nice break in the afternoon. AND, I do have some fun plans for teaching Symmetry! Actually, really looking forward to this unit! Once I have it complete on paper, hopefully by Friday, I'll be good to go! In the preparations for Parent-Teacher Conferences there is a lot to get ready for in the next 18 hours or so. Organizing supporting evidence for grades, predicting questions that might arise, etc... is very wearing. Lucky for me, I am going to mostly observe and supply evidence mainly from Science lessons I have taught. Tomorrow will be an interesting day because: 1.) we have an assembly 2.) it's basically Friday for the kiddos, and 3.) I'll be at school until 8:30pm most likely. Then, 8am-8pm Thursday! Wowzers! At least the book fair is set up and fun to go look around in, ha! Can't believe it's almost March! Still only had one full week so far! I am not sure if Student Teaching this semester is really evident of the exhaustion a 5-day week really is! But, come March and April we shall see! Planning on a productive day tomorrow with lots of COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Goodnight.


Ms. Emert


No comments:

Post a Comment