Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday, February 4, 2011

Good Evening,
Talk about an exhausting 2-day week, Never would have thought the act of "getting the students caught up" would be exhausting. But, it was. My science lesson was a bit chaotic but I think the students enjoyed it. I taught them some exercises while we worked on memorization of the major muscles in our bodies. If I had to teach this lesson/activity again I would have set my expectations a bit higher and done the workout in a different space where the kiddos could of had more room. And... yes, I did dress up as an 80's retro aerobics instructor and named myself  "Miss Muscles". It took some mental motivation and confidence to do dress up...

However, it was a successful day and I have plenty to do this weekend in preparation for the weeks to come.
I was walking around today and I found a student reading "Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses" a book from the Bailey School House chapter book series and it brought back so many good memories of reading when I was younger. I am pretty sure I read every book out of that series along with the other series such as: American Girl, Judy Blume, Judy B Jones by Barbara Parks, and Nancy Drew Mysteries. It made me want to come home and order all those series for my classroom library. But, what stopped me is the fact that I do not know what grade I will be teaching next year (crossing my fingers I'll have an elementary teaching position)! I think I will engage in a new hobby of "garage sale-ing" this summer and buy all the books I can---bargain style of course!
That leads me to my next topic: Not knowing where I will be if I do get a teaching position. I could potentially be in Manhattan, Ogden, Fort Riley, Wamego, Kansas City-areas (Bonner Springs, Lee Summit, Gardner-Edgerton, Eudora), Topeka, and Wichita. In March, there are Education Interviews On-Campus so after that week I will hopefully have a better lookout on where I'll be. I feel I can be content anywhere. I would not mind being in Kansas City or Manhattan since I have a good sense of direction and networking in those areas.
The next 7 weeks are going to be busy, exciting, stressful, yet very important to the future of my career and life! So, I am going to do my best to stay ahead of the game...if that is possible! This weekend could really get me up to par and towards that direction if I stay focused and productive.
On that note, I need to get started.
Dinner- check. Laundry- currently on tumble. And, Recycle- sorted and ready to be delivered. The only obsticle I will have to overcome tonight is my sweet tooth....
Have a wonderful evening. Keep my family in your prayers as we have lost an older relative on Wednesday morning and a family friend from my parents college days this afternoon.
Goodnight and happy weekend.
-Ms. Emert

No comments:

Post a Comment