Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good Evening,

What a day it has been. From the get go, it was interesting, frustrating, wearing, and just one of those days that you don't mind if it passes quickly. To start the day, I listened to a staff member tell me that I would not want to 'hit the ground running' as a teacher in this area. They took the comment even further to say that I would not want to teach in the state of Kansas because of some of the concerns and issues. That was tough to take in and honestly, I did not let it soak in because 1. I am a prospective teacher. 2.If I were in the teaching field for the salary-I'd be nuts.... 3. I don't mind starting someplace that may not be ideal but as long as I am surrounded by support and a positive atmosphere I can be content. So, from there I taught my second lesson on Symmetry and lets say: I took the kiddos from point A to Z and had to regroup and cover B-Y.... The nice part about me teaching both 4th grades is that I was able to talk with the teacher, get my head back on straight, and give it another go. The second time around was MUCH better. My goal tomorrow is to settle down and take things step by step.
Seminar, on the other hand, was fun because we met at a Mexican restaurant and had chips and salsa during our pow wow.  It was nice to relax and talk to others who are going through the same motions as I am. Being a teacher is hard work, and man a lot of times our jobs are an understatement.
Preparing for tomorrow! Here I go!

Goodnight!

Ms. Emert

No comments:

Post a Comment