Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear Blog and Blog Followers,
I am sorry I have abandoned you for the past four days. Life has been very busy and my blog was not put on the priority list. But, as of today....you are!
Lets go back to March 4th, Friday... Friday was a great day once again, minimal behavior issues at school and the students were able to make more components for their Symmetry Cities. Unfortunately, I did have to remove one student from the project because of behavior and not meeting my expectations. Sometimes, students have to learn the hard way. I will say, I gave the student plenty of warnings and gave the student a final chance to make a change and they decided not to make the necessary changes. I quietly informed him that his decisions Friday have impacted his participation in Symmetry City on Monday. I am going to assume the student felt the effects of their decision on Friday yesterday during math. They were given a different assignment independently.
Yesterday, March 7th, was the On-Campus Interviews. I interviewed with six school districts and I felt fairly confident about 4/6 of them. Here is a list of the districts I had a screening with:
-Geary County
-Olathe
-De Soto
-Manhattan-Ogden
-Shawnee Mission
-Kansas City, Kansas
It was an exhausting day! I came home and slept for 3 hours! When I woke up I thought it was Tuesday morning! Ah! But, luckily the Bachelor was just about to begin and life was still rollin.
On that note, I prepared for an observation today that will happen at 12:30 during the review class period for Symmetry. The students will be assessed tomorrow and then will continue working on their cities until Friday!
I have less than 6 weeks left of Student Teaching. WOW. It has gone by so incredibly fast. But, I need to continue my hard work and push through. Finish strong, and be one step closer to the feeling of 4 Years Success!
Have a wonderful week!
I'll be posting soon again with pictures from Symm. City!

-Ms.Emert

No comments:

Post a Comment