Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
I began the day by taking 4 deep breathes because I could feel the stress grow while I sat up out of bed. I made a point today not to make any noises of exhaustion or to rush to do anything, and I think doing those 2 things kept me sane. I graded papers and prepared for tomorrow until 5:45pm tonight, so I easily put in a 10 hour day. I am starting to miss my social time with friends, so my time management is going to need a change here pretty soon. The students were great today. I think they earned 2 bells from me today! Way to go, they are on their way to earning a popcorn and movie party really soon! That will be a fun time to relax and enjoy...and snack! I taught 2 lesson of symmetry today, graded SO many papers, and taught Writing. The students are brainstorming ideas for their short story they are going to write and illustrate, then the text and illustrations will be send off to be published! Really cool! Tomorrow is going to be a fun day because the students get to begin Symmetry City! I have made a powerpoint presentation for my expectations and rules and I am hoping that it will help with the organization and success of this project. I would be lying if I said I was not a little nervous about this. But, if I would never give it a go, I would never know...so, here we go!
Have a great humpday evening.
Ms. Emert
No comments:
Post a Comment