Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yup, it's St. Patrick's Day. And, yup, the students totally passed me this lovely sickness. However, immediately after my Reading/History lesson, I went straight to Lafene begged for a Z Pack then went home and slept until I taught Abs (verbally) and Zumba... (non-verbally) and still got a great workout. I am currently making myself eat an orange, apple, piece of bread, and sipping on some lemon/honey tea to boost my immune system. Geeeze, could this come at a more inconvenient time? On a better note....
My lesson was awesome... I'll post a picture of the final K,W,L Chart that they made. Did you know that St. Pat's preaching robe was actually blue? And that because of Ireland's lush landscape and clovers the color green is associated with the celebration. The HistoryChannel.com has some great, short videos all about the day! So, like I said yesterday, my principal was to observe me today....well, well, well,.... a younger student ending up needing some mild-medical attention and so she was pulled out of my lesson to tend to that issue. It was a bummer because the lesson nailed lots of different objectives and integrated multiple subjects. But, that is life, and we move on. Speaking of moving on, I am hitting the sheets and sleeping in! I don't think my body could handle those kiddos again! Bummer! Have a great Spring Break everyone! I'll check back in on Monday, March 28th!

See ya!

-Ms. Emert-

No comments:

Post a Comment