Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Good evening,
As I tackled today with a WIN some positive things happened.
1. The students were 110% attentive this morning for 2 straight hours! It was remarkable.
2. They loved the United Streaming videos I showed them about the Southwest Region and the Grand Canyon.
3. We finished the story Firegirl.
4. Two students told me that I was the best Student Teacher they have ever had because I am nice and do a lot with them.
5. They earned 4 bells (a positive reinforcement system I have set up). On a normal day, they MIGHT earn one...

I was driving tonight thinking about some of the challenges that are presented to me in my classroom and narrowed it down to behavior discipline. Gah! It is hard to tackle that one because I like to have fun with my students but sometimes, specific individuals take it one step further and can ruin it for the entire class. What do you do then?

Also, I began thinking of my teaching pedagogy regarding classroom management and I realized I have learned a lot from my cooperating teacher. My cooperating teacher is very good about the approach to problems and issues. I feel majority of teachers would be harsh in a negative way,raise their voices, and carry the anger from the misbehaving child to the rest of the class, which my teacher does not. I have learned that as a teacher sometimes the little things can fly.

Have a great Friday! :)

-Ms. Emert

No comments:

Post a Comment