This Thursday was an interesting one, but fully regarding my Student Teaching, it was great! Probably one of the best days so far. I taught the students about intonation when reading, selecting the characters, plot, and setting of a story, and identifying main, helping, action, and linking verbs. And....the best part....THEY GOT IT! They understood it and were able to do well on a practice worksheet. Whew! Our class meeting was also productive, however I wish more students would have opened up a little more. There is some definite apologies pending in the classroom that need to be expressed, so I set an example to see if they would follow, and only 1/22 did. Hmmm. Any ideas? Respect and discipline are two areas of improvement in my classroom (in my opinion). Some days are better/worse than others. Then, we rearranged the desks for some change, and we will see how that works for the next week or two, then, make adjustments.
Great day, ready for Friday! And a fun weekend! :)
Goodnight!
-Ms. Emert
No comments:
Post a Comment